오늘의 명언
2017 · 4 · 28 Thomas Fuller / 토마스풀러

세상에 모든 것들은
어려운 단계를 넘어서면 쉬워지게 됩니다.

All things are difficult before they are easy.

마이클조던 / Michael Jordan

저는 제 인생에서
실패를 여러번 거듭하였습니다.
그리고 또 실패 하였습니다.
그리고 그게 제가 바로 성공을 한 이유입니다.

I’ve failed over and over
and over again in my life
and that is why I succeed.

나폴레옹 힐 / Napoleon Hill

성공의 시작은 “갈구하는 것”입니다.
계속해서 마음으로 바라십시오.

갈구하는 마음이 약하면, 결과도 약하게 됩니다.
불이 약하면 온도가 낮은 것과 같은 것입니다.

The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE.
Keep this constantly in mind.

Weak desire brings weak results,
just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.

마이클조던 / Michael Jordan

실패는 용납할 수 있습니다.
모든 사람들은 실패를 합니다.
아무것도 해보려 하지 않는 것은 용납되지 않습니다.

I can accept failure,
everyone fails at something.
But I can’t accept not trying.

엘비스 프레슬리 / Elvis Presley

진실은 태양과 같습니다.
잠깐은 막을 수 있지만,
사라지지는 않습니다.

Truth is like the sun.
You can shut it out for a time,
but it ain’t going away.

마크트웨인 / Mark Twain

나이는 나이 자체가 문제가 아니라,
마음의 문제입니다.
당신이 상관을 않는 다면,
전혀 문제 될것 이 없습니다.

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.

알베르트 아인슈타인 / Albert Einstein

성공한 사람이 되기 보다는
가치 있는 사람이 되려고 하십시오.

Try not to become a man of success,
but rather try to become a man of value.

파울로 코엘료 / Paulo Coehlo

무엇을 하는지는 중요하지 않습니다.
모든 사람들은 제 각기 마다
이 세상 역사에서 중심 역할을 하고 있습니다.
대부분은 그 사실을 모르고 있습니다.

No matter what he does,
every person on earth plays a central role
in the history of the world.
And normally he doesn’t know it.

달라이라마 / Dalai Lama

스스로가 평안을 얻지 못하면
외부에서 절대로 평안을 얻지 못합니다.

We can never obtain peace in the outer world
until we make peace with ourselves.

프랭크 시나트라 / Frank Sinatra

가장 큰 복수는 크게 성공하는 것입니다.
The best revenge is massive success.

존 우든 / John Wooden

당신이 할 수 없는 일들로 인해,
할 수 있는 일들이 방해받지 않도록 하십시오.

Do not let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

토머스 A 에디슨 / Thomas Edison

인생에서 실패를 한 많은 사람들이
포기를 했을 때가 성공을 얼마 앞두지 않은
시점이라는 사실을 깨닫지 못합니다.

Many of life’s failures are experienced
by people who did not realize
how close they were to sucess
when they gave up

작자미상 / Unknown

인생은 두가지 규칙이 있습니다.
첫째는 절대로 포기 하지 않는 것이고
둘째는 첫번째 규칙을 늘 기억하는 것입니다.

Life has two rules;
#1. Never quit
#2. Always remember rule #1.

시드니 J 해리스 / Sydney J. Harris

누군가 한숨을 지으며
‘삶이 너무 힘들어’ 라고 하면
나는 항상 물어보고 싶어진다
‘무엇과 비교해서?’

When I hear somebody sigh,
“Life is hard,”
I am always tempted to ask,
“Compared to what?”

윌리엄 제임스 / William James

인생을 두려워하지 마십시오.
인생을 살 만한 가치가 있고,
당신의 믿음이
그러한 사실들을 만들어 주게 될것입니다.
Be not afraid of life.
Believe that life is worth living,
and your belief will help create the fact.

루 홀츠 / Lou Holtz

당신의 문제를 절대로 타인에게 말하지 마십시오.
20%는 신경도 쓰지 않고
80%는 당신이 문제에 처했다는 사실에 기뻐할 것입니다.
Never tell your problems to anyone.
20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

작자미상 / Unknown

인생이 당신에게 울수 있는 수백가지의 이유를 준다면,
당신을 웃게 하는 수천가지의 이유를 보여주십시오.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry,
show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

브렌 브라운 / Brene Brown

우리가 힘들고 어두운 곳을 탐험할 용기가 있을 때,
우리가 가진 잠재력의 무한한 힘을 발견하게 됩니다
Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness
will we discover the infinite power of our light.